Back to Portfolio

Previous Project
Next Project

Project: Two Rivers Marketing

Two Rivers Marketing owned the General Motors Parts warehouse originally built in 1935.  The marketing firm caters to industrial and agricultural clients and wished to keep the interior true to the original esthetic.

The project involved the complete restoration of the exterior as well as updating mechanical and electrical services.

The design concept was to leave as much of the original interior as possible while adding dynamic new components as needed.  In this way the difference between new and old became self-evident.

Awards & Recognition

  • 2006 Design and Construction Magazine National Gold Medal
  • 2006 American Institute of Architects Regional Honor Award
  • 2006 American Institute of Architects State Merit Award
  • 2006 American Institute of Architects / Iowa Commerce Merit Award
  • 2006 City of Des Moines Historic Renovation Award of Merit
  • 2007 Master Builders of Iowa Masters Award